Sunday, January 7, 2007

Back to School

Well...the break is finally over. It was nice to have some time off of school and a little time off work.

A few things will be different this semester. I quit one of my jobs this past week, so I now am only working for Builder Helper. I no longer have any night classes past 5pm. I'm happy about that. Only 2 more semesters left to go 'til graduation.

The classes I am taking this semester are construction scheduling, organizational effectiveness, advanced estimating and bidding, marketing, and construction law. I think this semester will be a bit more difficult than last semester, but at least I'll be working only 1 job, so maybe it will be easier because I'll have more time to do school work. I know that my last semester will probably be the hardest since I will have all upper level courses to take, along with taking care of our new baby.

Other things that have been going on... I had a birthday on Friday. I am now 26. To celebrate, Ritchell and I went out to Tucanos a few nights before my birthday. Tucanos is a Brazilian restaurant that serves all different kinds of broiled, barbecued meats on skewers. It was quite expensive and not worth the money in my opinion. On Friday night, we had some friends over for dinner and we also watched a Tagalog movie. It was fun just hanging out.

We took down our Christmas decorations yesterday. We also rented a few movies from Redbox. I do not recommend Talladega Nights. I thought it was dumb. We also rented My Super Ex-Girlfriend. That one was funny.

Today, we changed buildings and times for church. We now go to church at 8:30am at the stake center. Ritchell and I got a new group of kids to teach this year. There are about twice as many kids as our old class and they are a bit younger. We look forward to getting to know them.

Tagalog Word of the Day
Ilong (ee-long)
n. - Nose

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ritchell from the heart of Kenya. And a belated Happy birthday to Danny. It was fun reading your blog and catching up on what you are doing in your budy lives. Congraduations to the team in Reno. That is good publicity for the school and it programs. All is fine here in Kenya. Love Elder and Sister Steinmetz