Thursday, October 14, 2010

An Invitation to All

My parents are wonderful people.  They have always taught me very well through their good example, as well as their counsel.  When I was a teenager, I didn't always welcome that counsel.  My parents would try to gather the family together to read scriptures or learn about the gospel, but we wouldn't always cooperate.  I'm not sure why we acted this way about it.  Maybe because we were thinking of other more entertaining things we would like to be doing, or because we just didn't understand it.  Maybe it was teenage rebellion.  I am very thankful that my parents tried so diligently to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ to me and my sisters.  The reality and truth is that despite their efforts, each one of us had to put in our own effort before we would ever know the truth.

One week, when my parents had gone out of town and left me behind, I decided that I wanted to learn for myself if what they were teaching me was true.  I couldn't just take their word for it.  I went out and purchased my own set of scriptures and began to read them.  I read at least a chapter each night for a period of several months.  As I was reading through The Book of Mormon, I felt the truth of its words, but still wasn't certain.

One night after reading, I decided to say a prayer.  I asked if what I was reading was true.  It is difficult to put into words how I felt after praying for this answer.  All I can say is that it was a very happy, exciting, and emotional feeling that all of it was and is true.  This decision for me to read The Book of Mormon and pray about it has blessed my life and I want to share that blessing with others.

I invite everyone reading this to learn about The Book of Mormon.  Read it!  I have read it and found it to be a great blessing in my life.  I also invite everyone reading this to read the Bible.  The Bible and The Book of Mormon together can bring so many blessings into your life if you read it and try to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Please click here or go to http://www.mormon.org/book-of-mormon/ to learn more about The Book of Mormon and request a free copy of the book. You may also read or listen to the entire book online, as well as the Bible, by clicking here.  Learn what The Book of Mormon really is, where it came from, and how it can help you come closer to Jesus Christ as it has helped me and millions of other people.

Some of my favorite passages in The Book of Mormon are:
I spent 2 years of my life in the Philippines sharing this message with the wonderful people there.  It was 2 years that I will never forget and never regret.  The Book of Mormon is true.  I have seen first hand in my own life and in the lives of hundreds of other people the effect this book and its teachings can have on individuals and families.  I have witnessed the Savior's love for me despite the fact that I am one of billions of people that have lived and despite the fact that I am so imperfect.  I know that He lives and that if you honestly study his life and read The Book of Mormon, you will find that it is true and you will find the peace that His gospel can bring.



                     




No comments: