Saturday, March 1, 2008

Garage door, cute AnaBelle

Our garage door never had been in good shape since we moved into our house. The opener would always stop just before closing and then go back up. It would only do this in the winter. During the summer, it worked fine.

After we returned home from the Philippines, the opener gave up the ghost. So for the past month, we had been opening and closing the door manually. This required a little extra effort. I had to wake up early with Ritchell to open the door for her, and close it after she left. It also required me to get out of the car to close it before leaving the house.

Tuesday morning, I opened the door for Ritchell as usual. When she left, I closed it. As the door shut, I heard a loud snapping sound. The torsion spring broke. I tried opening the door again, but it wouldn't budge. The spring had reversed it's pressure.

This became a bit of a problem...since my car was still in the garage. I had to wait until 8am, which is normally when I leave for work, to call the garage door company to come and install a new door. Luckily, they got a guy over to the house that day to install a new door.

I was thinking the install would only take about 2 hours, so I told my boss that I would be in to work in the afternoon. It turned out the installation took 6 hours. The guy was there from 10 to 4. My entire day was shot.

It wasn't that bad, since I got to spend the whole day at home with AnaBelle. :) It was also good to get a new garage door, since I was planning on replacing it anyways soon. So now we have a garage door that looks nice, and works.

AnaBelle is just as cute as ever. She now has a few bottom teeth poking out of her gums. She still is not crawling. She is getting to that stage where she always wants to be picked up and held by mostly just Mommy or Daddy.





3 comments:

Unknown said...

that happened to our door in the middle of the night. we don't wish that sound on our worst enemy...glad you got it fixed

The Hart's said...

so what's the big news u guys?? i think you might be expecting for the 2nd time?? i noticed Dan holding Richelle's tummy in one of the picture in Richelle's friendster!! anyway whatever it is, im sure its a wonderful news!! Congratulations:)

patshala said...

It was so fun to have you over the other night. Annabelle has gotten so big and is getting cuter and cuter! We enjoyed having her there to entertain Brenn. She left her cute little shoe with the pink ribbon at our house.