Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006 Year in Review

It's time to say goodbye to 2006. It has been a good year for Ritchell and me.

In January, I turned 25. Yes, I'm officially a quarter century old. Still young, yet it sounds so old when I say it that way. In February, Ritchell turned 27.

In April, I had a conversation with my Dad that changed a lot for me in my life. I mentioned to him that I would like to get into a home sometime in the future and was saving money to do so. He mentioned that I should look into it and gave me the name of an author that wrote some books on how to acquire properties. This author was Robert Allen. Well, I think my Dad was inspired to tell me about that. The very day after I had this conversation with him, I was looking in the newspaper just browsing the want ads and came across a job opening to work for Robert Allen. I called them that day and ended up getting a job working for him. April was the first time I had took on 2 jobs while in school. It was only for a few weeks until school got out, but I maintained two jobs most of the year. Since working for Robert Allen, I learned a lot about real estate and have since bought our first home, in July.

This summer, my Mom was unable to come out to visit because my sister was having twins and Mom needed to be there for the birth. Dad was able to come out though and spend time with us. July and August were busy months for us as we got settled into our new home. In September, another semester of school started and things got even more busy. I kept both my job at the Global Service Desk and with Robert Allen. In the end of October, I decided to leave my job with Robert Allen and take a new job with Builder Helper. Since then, I have still been working at the Global Service Desk doing computer tech support.

In November, we had a good time with family on Thanksgiving. We also got the best news of the year. We found out that we are expecting our first child. In December, we were a bit disappointed because Mom and Dad were not able to come and visit, but we still have made the most of the holidays spending it with family. The past few nights, Ritchell and I have been going on dates together. We went up to Salt Lake on Friday night and ate at Mi La Cai again. We also made a trip to a Filipino grocery store and got some food for Ritchell. Last night, Ritchell and I went to a movie. We saw Pursuit of Happyness. Yes, the movie spells happiness with a y instead of an i. We thought it was a good movie. I don't recommend it if you do not like sad movies. It was definitely a tear jerker.

Well...that was it. Another year has passed. I think it was a great year. I welcome the new year and hope that 2007 will be even better. I have a lot to look forward to in '07. Ritchell and I will have our new addition to the family. I will also be graduating from BYU in December. We hope to make a trip to the Philippines next Christmas. Life is good.

I hope that your year was good and I hope that 2007 will be even better. I think the new year is always a good time to look back and reflect, and also to look forward. I am going to try to be a better me in 2007. I think we can all stand a little taller. We can all be a little nicer to those around us. It is good to be alive and good to be so blessed. Share your blessings.

Happy New Year!

Tagalog Word of the Day
Bagong Taon (bag-ong-tah-own)
n. - New Year

No comments: