Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day

I am very grateful for my dad. He has taught me a lot. I am thankful for the countless hours he spent with me as I was growing up. He was always there for all of my little league baseball games and practices. He was always there when I had scouts, and campouts. He was always there for church basketball games and practices. I know that a lot of these times, he might have had other important things to do, but always chose to be there. He has been a great father and has taught me a lot about how I would like to be as a father.

I hope to continue the traditions of going on yearly family vacations and spending time together as a family.

I can't help but think about the fact that I will be a father in the next few days, and hope that I can live up to the challenge and be as good of a father to my kids as my dad has been for his kids.

Happy Father's Day!

2 comments:

Flowers in the Sky said...

Happy first Father's Day! I know you will be a good one too, having had Dad as an example :)

Angie

Unknown said...

I know you will be a very good Father sweetheart! You've been such a very good husband and my best friend forever. You always find a way to make me laugh even if I'm so cranky, thats because you knew me very well. You knew the tricks that make me giggles and laugh so hard until my tummy hurts!You knew how much I love You! I know AnaBelle will be proud of you! A lot of people says we are newly wed..hahaha thats because you are such a sweet, beautiful husband! :)You should also post that Story you wrote about us! :)hahahaha I know your Mom will love to read it!