Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Changes

Sorry for the long wait between posts. A lot has been going on the past month.

First, for those of you who did not know... I was recently laid off from J Ballard Homes. It couldn't last forever. The market just hasn't been good for the housing industry and J Ballard was no exception. The company went through many cutbacks and finally got rid of the whole department I was working in.

It was a scary time for us not knowing whether or not we would be able to keep the new house we were building. But...there is a good ending to the story.

I had many job interviews...one was even in Moapa, Nevada. Moapa is a small town about half way between St. George, Utah and Las Vegas, Nevada. Anyway, it's about 4 hours away from Provo. My interview was early in the afternoon and I was running a little late. On my way down there I got pulled over for speeding by a state trooper! Oops! :) It turned out I wasn't late after all. The company was willing to offer me a job, but it was just too far away for us...so we turned it down.

The Lord has truly blessed us. Ritchell and I had a special fast two weekends ago praying that I might find a job. The answer came the very next day when I was offered a new job estimating for Condie Construction Company.

It is quite a change from what I was doing before, although it's still estimating. I am now estimating heavy civil and infrastructure projects instead of residential. I was given a truck, free gas, full medical and dental benefits, 401k, great pay, and profit sharing.

I am really enjoying the new job and very relieved that we were given this opportunity.

Finally, we have moved into our new house! There are still some things that need to be finished, and a lot of stories behind why they aren't finished, but for now we're mostly moved in. We'll have pictures to post when we find out where our camera cable went during the move.





2 comments:

ROAST said...

Man that's scary, but glad you got a good job! I didn't receive an offer from my internship because of the economy, so now I am trying to figure out what to do after I graduate!

The Wehrmeister's said...

I'm glad things are working out for you. I can't wait to see pictures of the house. I'm sure it's beautiful.